oh i love this! definitely looking forward to getting a chance to link this to someone new to bitsy games <3
how to play a bitsy game
Over the past few months, I've made several games with Bitsy and subsequently shared them with my family and friends. It can be difficult to intuit how to play a Bitsy game, especially if you're not familiar with video games in general. My hope is that this will help make Bitsy's (Bitsies? Bitsy games?) more accessible to a wider audience.
As always, thank you for playing!
how to play:
use wasd or arrow keys (or on mobile, swipe) to move and interact.
notes on development:
- made in bitsy for me, a version of bitsy (by Adam Le Doux) that i hacked together to better suit my needs
- tools i used:
- adjustments to the default font made by me
- this tutorial features scenes from two of my previous bitsy games, home and safe
- inspired by Razbuten's video "What Games Are Like For Someone Who Doesn't Play Games"
- if you're interested in making your own bitsy games but don't know where to start, check out Claire Morewood's bitsy tutorial
- Bitsy tutorial for beginners now available!Jan 20, 2022